- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Brad and Brenda Smith of Jackson announce the engagement of their son, Ryan Travis Smith, to Ellen Leanne O'Brien. She is the daughter of Mike and Debbie O'Brien of St. Louis.
O'Brien is a 1999 graduate of Oakville Senior High School. She received bachelor of science and master of arts degrees from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a speech/language pathologist with the Special School District of St. Louis County.
Smith is a 1997 graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau. He received a degree from Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences. He is a radiological technologist at Missouri Baptist Medical Center.
A Sept. 29 wedding is planned at Queen of All Saints Church in St. Louis.