- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Working to bring prosperity
To the editor:I am a former resident of Grand Chain, Ill., and a former Southernmost Illinois Delta Empowerment Zone board member. I plan to return to Southern Illinois as soon as I sell my home here. I know that SIDEZ, Stacy and Angela have been working hard to accomplish bringing new business and prosperity to Alexander County. Let those who talk the talk, walk the walk. Otherwise, you have no legitimate gripe.
NANCY BUSH, Lander, Wyo.