- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Working to bring prosperity
To the editor:I am a former resident of Grand Chain, Ill., and a former Southernmost Illinois Delta Empowerment Zone board member. I plan to return to Southern Illinois as soon as I sell my home here. I know that SIDEZ, Stacy and Angela have been working hard to accomplish bringing new business and prosperity to Alexander County. Let those who talk the talk, walk the walk. Otherwise, you have no legitimate gripe.
NANCY BUSH, Lander, Wyo.