- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Working to bring prosperity
To the editor:I am a former resident of Grand Chain, Ill., and a former Southernmost Illinois Delta Empowerment Zone board member. I plan to return to Southern Illinois as soon as I sell my home here. I know that SIDEZ, Stacy and Angela have been working hard to accomplish bringing new business and prosperity to Alexander County. Let those who talk the talk, walk the walk. Otherwise, you have no legitimate gripe.
NANCY BUSH, Lander, Wyo.