- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Working to bring prosperity
To the editor:I am a former resident of Grand Chain, Ill., and a former Southernmost Illinois Delta Empowerment Zone board member. I plan to return to Southern Illinois as soon as I sell my home here. I know that SIDEZ, Stacy and Angela have been working hard to accomplish bringing new business and prosperity to Alexander County. Let those who talk the talk, walk the walk. Otherwise, you have no legitimate gripe.
NANCY BUSH, Lander, Wyo.