- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lori Finnegan of Fort Wayne, Ind., and Mitch Bess of Republic, Mo., both formerly of Cape Girardeau, announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Michelle Bess, to Clint Anderson, both of Beaumont, Texas. He is the son of Mark and Connie Anderson of Willard, Mo.
Bess is a 2005 graduate of Republic High School. She is pursuing a degree in nursing at Lamar University in Beaumont. She is a phlebotomist at Memorial Herman Hospital in Beaumont.
Anderson is a 2003 graduate of Willard High School. He attended Charleston Southern University. He is employed by Diamond Offshore Oil and is an EMT at Memorial Herman Hospital.
A Nov. 23 wedding is planned at Willard United Methodist Church in Willard.