- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Effie M. Warren, 85, of Perryville died Thursday, Aug. 9, 2007, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Oct. 18, 1921, in Summerville, Texas, daughter of Henry and Bertha Storns Cornehlsen. She married Roy E. Warren, who died April 2, 1971.
Warren was a member of Trinity Baptist Church in St. Mary, Mo.
Survivors include three sons, Larry and Thomas Warren of Perryville, Richard Warren of Coldwater, Mo.; four daughters, Audrey Worley of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Pearl Parmer of Frohna, Mo., Linda Cowen of Bunker, Mo., and Mary Reed of Coldwater; 14 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, a brother and a great-granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Young and Sons Funeral Home, and 6:30 a.m. until time of service Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Irvin Brooks officiating. Burial will be in Bethlehem Baptist Cemetery at Crosstown, Mo.