- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Rose M. Hellrung, 83, of Jackson passed away Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2007, at Monticello House.
She was born April 17, 1924, in St. Louis, daughter of Fred and Rosa Sommer Schwarzbauer. She and Lloyd "Wes" Hellrung were married April 21, 1951. He passed away April 19, 2003.
Rose and Wes moved to Jackson in 1983 from North County St. Louis. She was a member of Emanuel United Church of Christ.
Loving survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Linda and Norman "Buzz" Thompson of Jackson; two grandchildren, Jeremy and wife Megan Thompson of Jackson, Kara Thompson of Jackson; a great-granddaughter, Tessa Thompson of Jackson; a stepgrandson, Chris and wife Charlene Thompson of Columbia, Mo.; a great-stepgranddaughter, Mackenzie Thompson of Columbia; and a brother-in-law, Roy and wife Betty Dreyer of Wentzville, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Mitzi Dreyer.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.