- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Employee of the month
Alice Collins, nursing assistant for the Cape Girardeau Veterans Home has been selected as the Missouri Veterans Commission July 2007 Employee of the Month. Collins, from Chaffee, Mo., was chosen by the commission out of all seven veterans homes in the state.
She was nominated by a resident's son who was impressed at the level of care she gave to his father. Collins was selected for her dependability, reliability and kindness toward the residents she cares for.