- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Larry Lrea Reid, 64, of Oak Ridge died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2007, at his home.
He was born Oct. 14, 1942, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lrea and Florence Marie Samuel Reid. He and Hazel A. Williams were married March 17, 1967. She died Sept. 24, 2000.
Reid had worked at the Coca-Cola Bottling Plant in Jackson. He then was a maintenance worker 20 years at Florsheim Shoe Co., retiring in 1987. He was a member of New Life Gospel Center in Scott City.
Survivors include two sons, Bruce Reid of Chaffee, Mo., Bryan Reid of Oak Ridge; three daughters, Kim Rhoda of Chaffee, Karen Reid of Fenton, Mo., Kristie Reid of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Betty Borgfield of Jackson; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Old Goshen Cemetery at Oak Ridge.