- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ferguson boy, 3, left in van for about hour in heat
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A 3-year-old boy is apparently OK after being left in a van at the St. Louis Science Center for about an hour, but the 24-year-old woman who drove the van is under investigation.
It happened yesterday, when the child was left behind in the Happy Go Lucky Child Care Center van, which transported children to the Science Center. The outdoor temperature at the time was about 97 degrees.
Children from the Ferguson day care center arrived in two vans and parked near the center. Teachers took around 30 children inside, but apparently forgot the one child.
Another visitor to the Science Center noticed the boy in the van and called police. The boy was taken to St. Louis Children's Hospital for evaluation.