- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jefferson County man shot in alleged road-rage incident
BARNHART, Mo. (AP) -- Authorities in Jefferson County are searching for a green dump truck whose driver allegedly shot the driver of a car in an apparent road-rage incident.
Sheriff Glenn Boyer told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Web site STLtoday.com that the incident happened this morning near Barnhart. The victim is believed to be a 29-year-old man who was grazed in the leg by the bullet. His injury is not considered life-threatening.
Witnesses say the victim was driving to work when he either tried to pass the dump truck or the truck tried to pass him. The truck driver then allegedly shot into the car.
The victim's car wrecked and the truck driver kept going. A passer-by stopped to help.