- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- C.M. Welker, 76, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Nov. 13, 2003, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1927, son of Charles Milas and Nancy Long Welker. He and Sarah Fulbright were married Dec. 5, 1959, in Lutesville, Mo.
Welker was a logger and attended Liberty Congregational Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two brothers, Charles "Pete" Welker of Marble Hill, Darrell Welker of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Olive Trentham and Bonnie Long of Marble Hill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, with the Revs. Kirby Grindstaff and Jimmie Fulbright officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Cemetery.