- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Charles E. McCowen, 63, of Mound City died Saturday, Aug. 4, 2007, at his home.
He was born March 15, 1944, at Cairo, Ill., son of Lee Roy and Dorothy Peddie McCowen.
He worked as a pilot for Waterfront Services and later was employed by CGB Co. of Mound City.
Survivors include his wife, Kitten McCowen of Mound City; his daughter, Patricia Craig of Simpson, Ill.; two sisters, Judy Schott of Cape Girardeau and Nancy Joyner of Urbandale, Ill.; and two granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating.
Burial will follow at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.