- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ULLIN, Ill. -- Helen Irene Laws Creacy, 88, of Ullin died Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003.
She was born April 23, 1915, in Mounds, Ill., daughter of DeVere and Nellie Tanner Parmley. She first married Tobi Laws, who died March 12, 1972. She later married Orville J. "Bud" Creacy, who died April 27, 1992.
Creacy was a lifelong member of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Pulaski, Ill. She was formerly of Anna, Ill.
Survivors include three sons, Carl Laws of Amston, Conn., John Laws of Bossier City, La., Patrick Laws of Ullin; seven daughters, Tobie Hutton of O'Fallon, Ill., Marilyn Kerr of Pulaski, Linda Jones of Benton, La., Charlene Hoover of Houston, Texas, Darlene Laws of Dongola, Ill., Bonnie Kerr of Vienna, Ill., and Patty Hodges of Brookport, Ill.
Also surviving are three stepsons, James Creacy of Arkansas, Jerry Creacy of Louisiana, Meyrl Creacy of Makawa, Hawaii; a stepdaughter, Dianna Creacy of Walker, La.; two sisters, Freida Christian of Metropolis, Ill., Rosemary Parmley of Calumet City, Ill.; a brother, John Parmley of Mountain Home, Ark.; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons and a daughter.
Friends may call at Mount Pleasant Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and after 8 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Scott Horner officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.