- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
- Business Notebook: Marco Construction Products offers high-end contractor equipment with personalized service (2/12/18)
Republic needs God's guidance more than judges
To the editor:
I read David Limbaugh's piece on judicial activism, and he really hit the nail on the head, calling it insidious.
It's bad enough that some judges reinterpret the U.S. Constitution to suit their own political ideas: support and protect sodomy, pull the Ten Commandments off and out of all public buildings and take prayer and Bible study out of schools. Now we have U.S. Supreme Court justices embracing the idea of considering the decisions of foreign courts when deciding cases here in American courts. This must not be.
Our Constitution is uniquely designed for our own system of government, not to be influenced by any other government system.
That is the way the Founding Fathers wrote it. The Revolutionaries fought hard and died to break the shackles of tyranny to attain freedom and sovereignty. They did this to be free to think for themselves and not have someone tell them what they ought to think or do.
We do not need to think multilaterally when it comes to administering justice or setting or enforcing foreign policy. Our republic can do both very well without any foreign influence or opinions. All it takes is the guiding hand of God and the leaders he anoints to lead this great nation.