- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Lions clubs collect 1,014 pairs of glasses
To the editor:
The Lions clubs of Cape Girardeau would like to thank the residents of Cape Girardeau and Jackson for another successful Lions Looking for Lenses campaign. We collected 1,014 pairs of used eyeglasses and several used hearing aids.
Thanks also goes to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson post office personnel for their help again this year.
MARY L. ESTES
Evening Lions Club