- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Lions clubs collect 1,014 pairs of glasses
To the editor:
The Lions clubs of Cape Girardeau would like to thank the residents of Cape Girardeau and Jackson for another successful Lions Looking for Lenses campaign. We collected 1,014 pairs of used eyeglasses and several used hearing aids.
Thanks also goes to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson post office personnel for their help again this year.
MARY L. ESTES
Evening Lions Club