- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
American Indian Center meeting set for Saturday
The first organizational meeting for a new American Indian Center of the Heartland will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday.
The center is planned as a nonprofit cultural and educational organization serving Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, Northeast Arkansas, Western Kentucky and Tennessee. The founder and president of the center is Glinda Ladd Seabaugh.
The meeting will be held at 811-A Broadway in Cape Girardeau. For more information, phone 334-4485.