- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Area digest 11/14/03
Noel wins bass fishing tournament in Illinois
Brad Noel of Jackson won the BassBusters of SEMO bass fishing tournament Saturday on Lake Egypt in Southern Illinois. Brad caught his limit of bass using a Sumo Frog fished quickly across matted vegitation on main lake points.
Gordon Brookman of Cape Girardeau was second, also using the Sumo Frog. He also fished on main lake vegetaion mats.
Noel took big-bass honors for a four-pound bass caught using the same lure.
Conditions were sunny and breezy with a high of 45 and winds out of the north. The water temperature was 62 degrees.
VanOostrom fires a hole in one at CGCC
Jerry VanOostrom recently carded a hole in one at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
VanOostrom used an 8-iron on No. 2, a par 3 playing 160 yards. Witnesses were Lee Weed and Jerry Vanden Brook.
-- From staff reports