- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sports briefs 11/14/03
Notre Dame is staying as a football independent for now. In response to a USA Today report that the school had inquired about full membership in the Atlantic Coast Conference, athletic director Kevin White said the university would "monitor the landscape." The newspaper, citing officials in the ACC, said Notre Dame was "inquiring" about joining the conference. One official also said the school also contacted the Big Ten. School officials have said Notre Dame, a member of the Big East conference in other sports, has been approached by several conferences about joining.
Rich Gannon had surgery on his injured throwing shoulder and is expected to rejoin the Oakland Raiders in the next few days. The operation took place in Minnesota and was performed by the same doctor who did his shoulder surgery after his 1993 season with Washington.
Michelle Wie, 14, accepted a sponsor exemption to play in the Sony Open in January, putting her in position to become the youngest woman to play in a PGA Tour event.
CART released its 19-race 2004 schedule and warned it could run out of money next month before shareholders consider a buyout offer. The series also disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that it was in default on financial obligations.
-- From wire reports