- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
Council should reconsider idea for street name
To the editor:
I am very disappointed in our Cape Girardeau City Council and whoever else refused to let the Central High School students rename the street leading to the high school.
I think Tiger Pride Drive is a great idea, and I think we adults should sometimes listen to and allow the students to express their ideas and wishes.
I'm not aware that any business owns the road to the new high school, and I see no reason why the students should not be given this wish.
Perhaps the city council should rethink its decision and allow the Central students to be able to do this. I think it is a super idea.