- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Council should reconsider idea for street name
To the editor:
I am very disappointed in our Cape Girardeau City Council and whoever else refused to let the Central High School students rename the street leading to the high school.
I think Tiger Pride Drive is a great idea, and I think we adults should sometimes listen to and allow the students to express their ideas and wishes.
I'm not aware that any business owns the road to the new high school, and I see no reason why the students should not be given this wish.
Perhaps the city council should rethink its decision and allow the Central students to be able to do this. I think it is a super idea.