- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Council should reconsider idea for street name
To the editor:
I am very disappointed in our Cape Girardeau City Council and whoever else refused to let the Central High School students rename the street leading to the high school.
I think Tiger Pride Drive is a great idea, and I think we adults should sometimes listen to and allow the students to express their ideas and wishes.
I'm not aware that any business owns the road to the new high school, and I see no reason why the students should not be given this wish.
Perhaps the city council should rethink its decision and allow the Central students to be able to do this. I think it is a super idea.