- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Council should reconsider idea for street name
To the editor:
I am very disappointed in our Cape Girardeau City Council and whoever else refused to let the Central High School students rename the street leading to the high school.
I think Tiger Pride Drive is a great idea, and I think we adults should sometimes listen to and allow the students to express their ideas and wishes.
I'm not aware that any business owns the road to the new high school, and I see no reason why the students should not be given this wish.
Perhaps the city council should rethink its decision and allow the Central students to be able to do this. I think it is a super idea.