- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Council should reconsider idea for street name
To the editor:
I am very disappointed in our Cape Girardeau City Council and whoever else refused to let the Central High School students rename the street leading to the high school.
I think Tiger Pride Drive is a great idea, and I think we adults should sometimes listen to and allow the students to express their ideas and wishes.
I'm not aware that any business owns the road to the new high school, and I see no reason why the students should not be given this wish.
Perhaps the city council should rethink its decision and allow the Central students to be able to do this. I think it is a super idea.