- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ZALMA, Mo. -- Alma Jean Fortner, 66, of Zalma died Monday, Nov. 10, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 5, 1937, at Zalma, daughter of Leo and Letha Ladd Whitehead. She and Ernest E. Fortner were married Oct. 11, 1954, at Essex, Mo.
Fortner attended Balch Chapel Church.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Sandra Moseley of DeKalb, Ill., Teresa Tuttle of Irving, Texas; two brothers, Bill Whitehead of Advance, Mo., Ronald Whitehead of Corsicana, Texas; four sisters, Mary Fisher and Janice Snyder of Marble Hill, Mo., Shirley Carton of Zalma, Donna Hellings of Panama City Beach, Fla.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Terry Scott officiating. Burial will be in Balch Cemetery near Zalma.