- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)3
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Mary Kiefer, 94, of Advance died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 18, 1909, in Rombauer, Mo., daughter of William "Bill" and Artie Rievley Duncan. She and Fred Kiefer were married June 25, 1952, in St. Louis. He died April 26, 1979.
Kiefer retired as a time keeper at Knapp Monarch in St. Louis. She was a member of Full Gospel Tabernacle.
Survivors include a son, Bill Williams of Spring, Texas; a daughter, Lois Arnold of Overland, Mo.; a brother, Francis Duncan of DeSoto, Mo.; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by two sons, two sisters, a brother, two grandchildren and a great-great-granddaughter.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with J.D. Smith officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.