- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Nell Hazel Houlihan, 96, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born March 28, 1907, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of Louis M. and Edna B. Creibaum Norvell. She and John J. Houlihan were married Aug. 29, 1933, in Cape Girar-deau. He died Sept. 22, 2001.
Houlihan had been a stitcher at Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a lifelong member of Red Star Baptist Church, active member of Ladies Church Circle, volunteer in the children's Sunday school and past member of the Extension Club.
Survivors include numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.