- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Charles R. Naeger, 76, of Perryville died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 20, 1927, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo., son of Charles A. and Olivia Schlattmann Naeger. He and Mary Lou Hoffman were married Sept. 25, 1948.
Naeger worked for Union Pacific Railroad 35 years, retiring as conductor. He was a graduate of Valle High School.
He was a member and usher at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, member of its Holy Name Society, and American Legion Post 133.
Naeger served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Carole Knapp of Perryville; three sons, Rick Naeger of Cape Girardeau, Bill Naeger of Topeka, Kan., Bob Naeger of Chelsea, Ala.; 10 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Wednesday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 tonight.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Revs. John Gagnepain and Alphonse Hoernig and Charles Shelby officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.