- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Irene Callaham, 84, of Sikeston died Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003, at Clearview Nursing Center.
She was born Nov. 26, 1918, in Kerwin, Kan., daughter of George and Rosa Miller McAdow. She and John P. Callaham were married June 22, 1951, at Oran, Mo. He died Dec. 27, 1983.
Formerly of Morley and Morehouse, Mo., she was a member of Morehouse Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, Clarence Callaham of Advance, Mo.; four daughters, Viola Eaves of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Lena Beavers and Eva Murphy of Sikeston, Betty Agee of Advance; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two infant sons, a brother and a sister.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel, with Woodrow Phillips officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery.