- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Real culprits were the people shooting the gun
To the editor:
It is tragic that a 9 mm handgun was used in the commission of two violent crimes. But let us not make the weapon the culprit. The culprits in both cases were human beings doing horrible and illegal things to another person. The weapon could have as easily have been a kitchen knife or a ball bat.
I'm not a gun nut, just a concerned citizen worried about the liberals attempting to take away our rights with scare tactics.
Case in point: Our concealed weapons law has been repeatedly blocked by the big city agenda. Time and time again St. Louis has dictated to the rest of the state how we live our lives in rural Missouri. One judge -- that's right, one person -- has run roughshod over the governing body of the entire state.
Has the Southeast Missourian joined that crowd? I hope not.