- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Rep. Lichtenegger proposes change to term limits (12/4/17)7
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Buffalo Wild Wings moving to new location in March (12/2/17)2
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Real culprits were the people shooting the gun
To the editor:
It is tragic that a 9 mm handgun was used in the commission of two violent crimes. But let us not make the weapon the culprit. The culprits in both cases were human beings doing horrible and illegal things to another person. The weapon could have as easily have been a kitchen knife or a ball bat.
I'm not a gun nut, just a concerned citizen worried about the liberals attempting to take away our rights with scare tactics.
Case in point: Our concealed weapons law has been repeatedly blocked by the big city agenda. Time and time again St. Louis has dictated to the rest of the state how we live our lives in rural Missouri. One judge -- that's right, one person -- has run roughshod over the governing body of the entire state.
Has the Southeast Missourian joined that crowd? I hope not.