- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Real culprits were the people shooting the gun
To the editor:
It is tragic that a 9 mm handgun was used in the commission of two violent crimes. But let us not make the weapon the culprit. The culprits in both cases were human beings doing horrible and illegal things to another person. The weapon could have as easily have been a kitchen knife or a ball bat.
I'm not a gun nut, just a concerned citizen worried about the liberals attempting to take away our rights with scare tactics.
Case in point: Our concealed weapons law has been repeatedly blocked by the big city agenda. Time and time again St. Louis has dictated to the rest of the state how we live our lives in rural Missouri. One judge -- that's right, one person -- has run roughshod over the governing body of the entire state.
Has the Southeast Missourian joined that crowd? I hope not.