- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Real culprits were the people shooting the gun
To the editor:
It is tragic that a 9 mm handgun was used in the commission of two violent crimes. But let us not make the weapon the culprit. The culprits in both cases were human beings doing horrible and illegal things to another person. The weapon could have as easily have been a kitchen knife or a ball bat.
I'm not a gun nut, just a concerned citizen worried about the liberals attempting to take away our rights with scare tactics.
Case in point: Our concealed weapons law has been repeatedly blocked by the big city agenda. Time and time again St. Louis has dictated to the rest of the state how we live our lives in rural Missouri. One judge -- that's right, one person -- has run roughshod over the governing body of the entire state.
Has the Southeast Missourian joined that crowd? I hope not.