- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man charged in weekend stabbing
BOLIVAR, Mo. -- A Bolivar man was charged Monday with stabbing a friend to death during a gathering to celebrate the victim's birthday.
Jackie Dean Jackson, 49, faces charges of second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of Robert Charles Stickley.
Stickley, who turned 38 on Friday, had celebrated his birthday at Jackson's home. The party lasted into Saturday morning and Stickley became intoxicated and loud, authorities said.
At Jackson's request, Stickley left with his girlfriend. When Stickley returned, Jackson grabbed a steak knife from the table, authorities said.
Jackson told authorities he accidentally stabbed Stickley to death during a shoving confrontation.
Jackson is being held on $200,000 bond.