- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Man charged in weekend stabbing
BOLIVAR, Mo. -- A Bolivar man was charged Monday with stabbing a friend to death during a gathering to celebrate the victim's birthday.
Jackie Dean Jackson, 49, faces charges of second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of Robert Charles Stickley.
Stickley, who turned 38 on Friday, had celebrated his birthday at Jackson's home. The party lasted into Saturday morning and Stickley became intoxicated and loud, authorities said.
At Jackson's request, Stickley left with his girlfriend. When Stickley returned, Jackson grabbed a steak knife from the table, authorities said.
Jackson told authorities he accidentally stabbed Stickley to death during a shoving confrontation.
Jackson is being held on $200,000 bond.