- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)18
Sports briefs 11/11/03
TCU jumped to sixth place in the Bowl Championship Series standings, the highest ranking ever for an outsider to the system. Oklahoma remained the leader in the standings that will determine which two teams will play for the national championship in the Sugar Bowl.
Missouri tight end Victor Sesay will miss the rest of the season with a torn patella tendon in his right knee. The injury will sideline Sesay, a junior college transfer, for four to six months, coach Gary Pinkel said. Sesay shared the starting spot with J.D. McCoy.
Charlotte accepted an invitation to join the Atlantic 10 Conference. The league is awaiting an expansion decision from St. Louis, which is expected to accept today.
Central Florida football coach Mike Kruczek was fired and will be replaced by assistant coach Alan Gooch for the final two games.
Ohio Valley Conference Tournament champion Eastern Illinois will play Missouri in the NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament on Friday. Kansas and Illinois State are the other teams in the Columbia, Mo., regional.
The NFL fined defensive lineman Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars $5,000 for a hit on Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair two weeks ago.
Kim Clijsters successfully defended her title at the WTA Championships, defeating Amelie Mauresmo 6-2, 6-0.
-- From wire reports