- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Murder suspect hires private attorney
Murder suspect Gregory Allen McNeely has hired local attorney Stephen Wilson for his defense. Wilson appeared Monday in Cape Girardeau County Associate Circuit Court.
Investigators say McNeely, 24, of Cape Girardeau, shot Terry Vernon Lynn II, 26, in the head Nov. 1 in the parking lot behind Players Lounge at 632 Broadway. Lynn died at the scene.
McNeely faces first-degree murder and armed criminal action charges. He remains in custody at the Cape Girardeau County jail on $1 million bond.
Associate Circuit Court Judge Gary Kamp set a preliminary hearing for Dec. 2 at 1 p.m.