- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Mike Blattel, 85, of New Hamburg died Saturday, Nov. 8, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girar-deau.
He was born Oct. 15, 1918, at New Hamburg, son of Antone and Regina Diebold Blattel. He and Mary Ann Schulte were married Nov. 26, 1944. She died on Nov. 2, 1995.
Blattel was a retired farmer. He was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church and St. Joseph Sodality in New Hamburg.
Survivors include one son, Tom Blattel of New Hamburg; three grandsons, Brandon and Jacob Blattel of New Hamburg and Brian Blattel of Okinawa, Japan; and two sisters, Blandine Westrich of New Hamburg and Cyrilla Davis of St. Louis.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Doris Diebold; two brothers, Edward and Zeno Blattel; and one sister, Louise Westrich.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Chaffee. Parish prayers will be at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Funeral mass will be Thursday at 10 a.m at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg. The Rev. James Seyer will officiate, with burial in the St. Lawrence Catholic Cemetery in New Hamburg.