- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Elmo Westmoland, 86, of East Prairie died Sunday, Nov. 2, 2003, at East Prairie Nursing Center.
He was born June 7, 1917, at Matthews, Mo., son of Sim and Rose Ellen Chaffin Westmoland. He and Sally O'Connor True were married Nov. 9, 1986.
Westmoland retired as custodian at Sikeston Public Schools, and was a member of First Baptist Church in East Prairie. He moved to East Prairie from Sikeston in 1986.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Ronnie Westmoland of Wichita, Kan., Danny Westmoland of Tucson, Ariz.; a daughter, Brenda Brodeur of Tucson; a stepdaughter, Barbara Allen of Maui, Hawaii; 14 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a stepson, a stepdaughter, a brother and five sisters.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie. George White will officiate. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.