- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Cora M. Brooks, 81, of Advance died Monday, Nov. 3, 2003, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Nov. 25, 1921, in North Fork, Ill., daughter of Abner and Mary Smith Trousdale. She and Wade Brooks were married March 13, 1942, at Benton, Mo. He died in 1977.
Brooks worked 26 years at Inland Shoe Co.
Survivors include a son, Don Brooks of Advance; a daughter, Carolyn Hill of Advance; a brother, Leslie Trousdale of Sedgewickville, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.