- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ruth M. Harrison, 83, of Jackson died Monday, Nov. 3, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 23, 1920, in Cheraw, S.C. She and Wallace Harrison were married Dec. 28, 1941. He died in September 1950.
Harrison had worked at Kamp's Coin Wash, Pope's Grocery, and owned the former 3-M's Quickie Mart, all in Jackson. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a son, Michael Harrison of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Diana Bendel of St. Charles, Mo., June Palermo of Cape Girardeau; two half brothers, Scott McLean of Danville, Pa., Joe McLean of Charlotte, N.C.; a half sister, Jean McLean of Charlotte; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and three brothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rice officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.