- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gerald E. Womack, 52, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Nov. 3, 2003, at St. Louis University Hospital.
He was born July 24, 1951, in Chicago, son of Willie J. and Genevieve Phills Womack. He and Barbara W. Bissell were married July 12, 1996, in Jackson.
Womack was owner/operator of Real Deal Cleaning Service, was custodian at First Baptist Church six years, and was associated with Mid-America Teen Challenge.
He served with the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Gerald Womack Jr. of St. Cloud, Minn.; his mother, Genevieve Palmer of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Willie Womack Jr. of Windsor, Ontario, Canada; three sisters, Sharon Freeman of Agoura Hills, Calif., Robbie Tyson of Dixmoor, Ill., Cynthia Womack of Chicago; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., and then from noon to service time at First Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Jay White officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park, with full military honors by VFW Post 3838 and Missouri Honors Team.