- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Terry Lynn II
Terry Vernon Lynn II, 26, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 1, 2003, in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 26, 1977, at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, son of Terry Vernon Lynn and Theresa Gaye Harris Steagall.
Terry attended high school in Conyers, Ga., where he excelled in baseball, pitching a no-hit complete game. Terry also pitched for the Conyers American Legion baseball team.
Before moving to Scott City in 2001, Terry worked in Marietta, Ga., as a welder of thin stainless steel.
Terry was attending Southeast Missouri State University on an academic scholarship, pursuing a degree in architecture. Terry possessed great talent as a pen and ink artist. He had many personal requests for artwork.
Terry was a respectful and loving son with a great zest for life and will be deeply missed by all who loved him.
Survivors include an infant son, Brayden Jay; his father and stepmother, Terry and Lesa Lynn of Powder Springs, Ga.; his mother and stepfather, Theresa and Paul Steagall of Scott City; two sisters, Ashley and Rachael Lynn of Scott City; three brothers, Lucas and Samuel Steagall of Scott City, Ben Wolter of Powder Springs; paternal grandparents, Lee and Louvena Lynn of Chaffee, Mo.; and maternal grandparents, Bill and Wanda Schwartz of Scott City.
Also surviving are aunts and uncles, Danny (Tina) Lynn of Advance, Mo., Howard (Roberta) Lynn of Scott City, Roger (Tammy) Lynn of Scott City, Mark (Alice) Harris of Port Orchard, Wash., Wade (Laurie) Harris of Manchester, Mo., Darrel (Fukuyo) Harris of Fenton, Mo., Debbie (Paul) Griffin and Lori (Chuck) Dobbs of Jackson, Kevin (Alesia) Gresham of Bakersfield, Calif.; a nephew; and 33 cousins.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.