- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lora Mae Lemonds Dean, 78, of Sacramento, Calif., died Monday, Oct. 27, 2003, at Kaiser South Hospital in Sacramento.
She was born Sept. 25, 1925, in St. Louis, daughter of Chester A. and Addie Mae Watkins Lemonds.
Mrs. Dean was a member of the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament Church in Sacramento.
Survivors include a son, Raymond Dean and wife Betty of Scott City; a brother, Chester D. Lemonds of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Ruby Lee Niehart and Joan Jones of Cape Girardeau, Dorothy Ruth Lemonds of North Port, Fla.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Shirley Y. Cyphers, and a brother, James Paul Lemonds.
There is no visitation or service.
Her cremains will be inurned in Acacia Cemetery in Modesto, Calif.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.