- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Dorothy Tod Cox, 78, passed away Friday, Oct. 31, 2003, at FJ Davey Nursing Home in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
She was born Jan. 17, 1925, near Advance, Mo., daughter of Mayo and Naomi Tilley Strong. She and James C. Cox were married in 1942. He passed away March 18, 1996.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy (Ron) Turgeon of Sault Ste. Marie; two sisters, Chloree Williams and Bernice Chastain of Jackson; a niece, June Williams of Jackson; two nephews, Jim and Rick Cox of Tampa, Texas; and a sister-in-law, Grace Cox of Tampa.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
The funeral was Monday at Northwood Funeral Home in Sault Ste. Marie, with Joy McPhee officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Sault Ste. Marie.
Memorials may be given to the FJ Nursing Home Residence Council.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.