- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- James D. Newcomer, 73, of Perryville, died Saturday, Nov. 1, 2003, at his residence.
He was born June 16, 1930, at East Prairie, Mo., son of James and Carrie Bond Newcomer. He and Laura L. Prost were married Sept. 6, 1983, at Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Newcomer retired from military service after over 24 years of active service in the U.S. Navy and Air Force. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, the Holy Name Society and a Third Degree Knight of Columbus. He was also a member of American Legion Post 133.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Michael Newcomer of Sacramento, Calif., Kevin Newcomer of Elgin, Ill., and James "Casey" Newcomer of Colorado Springs, Colo.; two stepsons, Cris Nuyt of Swansea, Ill., and Aaron Nuyt of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Davey Lee Newcomer of Bloomfield, Mo., Butch Newcomer of Fruitland, Mo., and Darroyl Newcomer of St. Paul, Minn.; a sister, Melba Linnville of Wood River, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a stepson.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Wednesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. There will be an American Legion service at 6 p.m. Tuesday and a parish wake service with the Knights of Columbus at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Bloomfield Veterans Cemetery, with military honors provided by the Missouri Military Funeral Honors Detail.