- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
William David Townsend, 61, of Dexter, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 31, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 3, 1942, at Fisk, Mo., son of James and Myrtle Williams Townsend. He and Barbara Holyfield were married July 1, 1967.
Townsend was a retired salesman and had been a resident of Dexter the past 25 years. He was a member of the Dudley Community Church.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Melissa Hahn and Carla Pixley, both of Dexter; six brothers, Carl Townsend of Malden, Mo., Bob Townsend of St. Louis, Mo., Larry Townsend of Pacific, Mo., Jerry Townsend of Dudley, Mo., Louie Townsend of Piedmont, Mo., and Pete Townsend of Jackson; three sisters, Shirley Bender of Puxico, Mo., Emma Lou Hobbs of Dudley, Joann Horn of Farmington, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Morgan officiating. Burial will be in Bloomfield Cemetery.