- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ida M. Niemeyer, 88, of Perryville died Friday, Oct. 31, 2003, at the Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville.
She was born Nov. 27, 1914, in Perry County, Mo., daughter to William Lee and Mary Schemel Lee. She and Robert Niemeyer were married 1936 in East St. Louis, Ill. He died in 1995.
Niemeyer was a factory worker and was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Highland, Mo.
Survivors include one daughter, Mary Joan Kolb of Perryville; two sisters, Clara Thornburgh and Elsie Damlow, both of St. Louis; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. on Monday and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Monday.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the St. Joseph Catholic Church Cemetery in Highland, Mo., with the Rev. Robert Brockland officiating.