- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Daniel Webster "Bud" Watkins, 64, of Bertrand, Mo., died Saturday, Nov. 1, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born on Jan. 27, 1939, at Lilbourn, Mo., son of William Jasper "Jack" and Edith Rae Brown Watkins. He and Brenda Vance were married June 11, 1960, in St. Louis.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, had been employed as a truck driver and self-employed as a building contractor.
Survivors include one son, Eric Watkins of Laurel, Miss.; one daughter, Darla Lomax of Collierville, Tenn.; one brother, Jack Watkins of Sikeston, Mo.; two sisters, Norma Jean Wilson of Sarasota, Fla., and Alice Melton of Clearwater, Fla.; and three grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kelley Grubbs officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens at Morley, Mo.