- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
TAMMS, Ill. -- Eileen Brown, 91, of Tamms, formerly of Albuquerque, N.M., died Tuesday, July 31, 2007, at the home of a son in Tamms.
She was born April 7, 1916, in Michigan City, Ind., to Starr Leroy and Gladys Burnett Gephardt. She married Gene Brown in 1954. He died May 20, 2002.
Brown was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church. She had been a salesperson.
Survivors include six sons, Zephyrie "Skip" Martin of Golconda, Ill., Tex Martin of Tamms, Frank Martin and Lyle Brown of Albuquerque, Bob Martin of Anna, Ill., and Ken Martin of Chicago; five daughters, Rosealie Kimberlin, Karol Stamp and JoAllen Myers, all of Tamms, Sandy Eddings of Ullin, Ill., Betty Ann Gephardt of Michigan; a stepdaughter, Loris Brown of Albuquerque; two stepsons, Jim Brown of Virginia and Dale Brown; 71 grandchildren, 83 great-grandchildren; and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter and three grandchildren.
The funeral will be held at 4 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, with the Rev. Federico Higuerio officiating.
Visitation will follow the service.
Interment will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Truth or Consequences, N.M.