- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Juanita Maxine Cox, 87, of Thebes died Tuesday, July 31, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 15, 1919, in Benton, Ill., daughter of Elic and Nellie Etta Dillow Miller. She and Huie Cox were married Oct. 31, 1939, in Jackson. He died July 1, 1993.
Cox was a seamstress 25 years at Snowers Sewing Factory in Cairo, Ill. She was a member of Alexander Freewill Baptist Church near Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include two sons, Erral and Howard Cox of Thebes; a daughter, Nancy Kerr of Thebes; a sister, Lucille Coursey of Olive Branch; five grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; numerous stepgrandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and sisters.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., and after 11 a.m. Friday at Alexander Freewill Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the church, with the Revs. John Montgomery and Earnest Brown officiating. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.