- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- Harry Eugene "Gene" Coleman, 76, of Tamms died Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2007, at Jonesboro Rehab and Health Care Center.
He was born Oct. 28, 1930, in Tamms, son of James Joshua and Minnie Estella Hargis Coleman.
Coleman was a farmer and a member of Tamms United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two brothers, Millard A. Coleman of Gilbertsville, Ky., Floyd David Coleman of Sparta, Ill.; three sisters, Arietta Farthing of Sparta, Naomi Harris of Brookport, Ill., and Bertha Cline of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Pete Vinson officiating. Interment will be in St. John's Cemetery.