- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Man shot in leg; suspects still at large
Just hours after Cape Girardeau police responded to a handgun murder Saturday morning in the parking lot behind Player's Bar on Broadway, they were called to a local hospital where a man said he had been shot his yard in the 900 block of College Street.
The victim, a 23-year-old man, was shot once in a leg. His name was not released. His injury is not considered life-threatening, said officer Jason Selzer.
Though the two incidents are considered unrelated by police, some investigators from the Cape Girardeau/Bollinger County Major Case Squad who were working on the murder case Saturday morning may lend a helping hand to the police department in following up leads on the second shooting, Selzer said.
The man told police he was in his yard when two men pulled up in a car and got out to walk toward him. He knew the men, and they may have argued before one of the men shot him with a handgun, Selzer said.
They then left the scene and had not been found as of late Saturday.
Police spent the day interviewing the victim and looking for a "very clean" smoke gray Oldsmobile 88, driven by a 18- or 19-year-old wearing a hooded shirt.