- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jewell C. Mier, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Oct. 30, 2003, at her home.
She was born Feb. 2, 1919, at Randles, Mo., daughter of William T. and Rosa Hughes Sheets. She and Landon F. Mier were married March 21, 1933, at Benton, Mo. He died Dec. 22, 1997.
Mrs. Mier was employed at Inland Shoe Co. in Advance, Mo., more than 12 years. She moved from Advance to Cape Girardeau in 1962, then to Jonesboro, Ill., in 1972, and back to Cape Girardeau in 1992. She was a member of Gospel Kingdom Church in Jonesboro.
Survivors include four sons, Larry W. Mier of Advance, Michael D. Mier of Houston, Texas, Jim E. Mier of Friedheim, Mo., Frank B. Mier of San Carlos, Calif.; 12 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Bennie L. Mier in 2001; three brothers; and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bon Reynolds and the Rev. Cletus Benfield officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran, Mo.