- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Esther Joyce Bivins, 84, of Tallahassee, Fla., died Saturday, July 21, 2007.
She was born in Peru, Neb. She married John Harrison Bivins, who died in 1986.
Bivins lived in Greenwich, Conn., Naples, Fla., and moved to Tallahassee in 1989.
She was a former legal secretary and served as administrative assistant to the president of Walden College in Naples. While in Greenwich she helped establish the Meals on Wheels program. She was a member of Killearn United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Billie Messer of Tallahassee; two sisters, Mary Schwab and Amanda Lorberg of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Thomas Joyce of Memphis, Tenn.; and two grandchildren.
The funeral was held Tuesday at Bevis Funeral Home in Tallahassee.