- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Agnes Pitts, 83, of Anna died Thursday, July 26, 2007, at her home.
She was born Feb. 16, 1924, in Lillyville, Ill., daughter of Edmond Carl and Minnie Elizabeth Helmink Menees. She and Thomas "Pete" Pitts were married Feb. 14, 1948, in Cobden, Ill. He died Oct. 8, 1987.
Pitts was a 1942 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro Community High School and attended Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.
She was employed at Goodyear in Anna and later was a secretary in the guidance office at Anna-Jonesboro High School in the 1960s. She was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, was involved in the Ladies Sodality and served as a trustee.
Survivors include three daughters, Alice Vedder of Austin, Texas, Mary Larson and Carolyn Pitts of Bloomington, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. The rosary will be recited at 6:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Church, with Monsignor Dennis Schaefer officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.