- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Frank E. Mateka, 86, of Perryville, Mo., died Thursday, July 26, 2007, at Perry Oaks Manor.
He was born Oct. 9, 1920, at House Spring, Mo., the son of Frank and Barbara Steck Mateka. He and Rosalia Wuertz were married May 7, 1949.
Mateka was a retired highway construction worker. He was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle, Mo., and American Legion Post 133. He was a World War II Army veteran and recipient of the Purple Heart.
Survivors include his wife, a son, Albert Mateka of Perryville; daughters, Barbara Burgess of High Ridge, Mo.; Mary Vogel of Chesterfield, Mo.; Nancy DuBois of Defiance, Mo.; sister Mildred Lewis of St. Louis; 11 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville, Mo., from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday; at the American Legion wake, 7 p.m. Saturday; or at the Heiligtag-Lang-Fendler Funeral Home in Arnold, Mo., from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral will be 10 a.m. Monday at St. John's Church. Burial will be in St. John's cemetery.