- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
McCLURE, Ill. -- Mary DeLaine Pearce Waterman, 87, of McClure died Sunday, July 22, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 27, 1919, in Gale, Ill., daughter of Clyde and Margaret Pearce. She and Earl Waterman were married in 1941 in Jackson. He died Sept. 20, 1985.
Survivors include a daughter, Candace Waterman of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Lance Ratliff of Jefferson City, Mo.; a granddaughter, Angela Ratliff of Cape Girardeau; two nephews, David Pearce of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Mark Johnson of Cape Girardeau; and a sister-in-law, Bobbie Pearce of East Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father, Clyde Pearce; mother, Margaret Pearce; a daughter, Penny Ratliff; and a brother, Clyde "Bud" Pearce.
Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Lindsey Cemetery, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.