- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
McCLURE, Ill. -- Mary DeLaine Pearce Waterman, 87, of McClure died Sunday, July 22, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 27, 1919, in Gale, Ill., daughter of Clyde and Margaret Pearce. She and Earl Waterman were married in 1941 in Jackson. He died Sept. 20, 1985.
Survivors include a daughter, Candace Waterman of Cape Girardeau; a grandson, Lance Ratliff of Jefferson City, Mo.; a granddaughter, Angela Ratliff of Cape Girardeau; two nephews, David Pearce of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Mark Johnson of Cape Girardeau; and a sister-in-law, Bobbie Pearce of East Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her father, Clyde Pearce; mother, Margaret Pearce; a daughter, Penny Ratliff; and a brother, Clyde "Bud" Pearce.
Graveside service will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Lindsey Cemetery, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.