- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Paul Gene Blechle, 73, of Lakewood, Colo., died Thursday, Oct. 16, 2003, at Kindred Hospital in Denver, Colo.
He was born July 4, 1930, in Cape Girardeau, son of August and Katherine Pingel Blechle. He and Palmyra H. Keohokalole were married June 29, 1963, in Hawaii.
Blechle was a retired auto mechanic, and a member of St. Jude Catholic Church.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; a sister, Verena Felter of Cape Girardeau; and a brother, Earl Blechle of Fruitland.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
A memorial service was held Oct. 24 in Lakewood, with Deacon Alan Spears officiating.
Aspen Mortuary in Lakewood was in charge of arrangements.