- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Carolyn A. Hayes, 59, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Aug. 18, 1944, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of James and Juanita Sherwood Hayes Jr.
Carolyn was of the Catholic belief.
Survivors include three best friends, Christine J. Young of Homewood, Ill., Sherol Washington of Chicago, Helen Baker of Cape Girardeau; her father of Cape Girardeau; an aunt, Mary Elizabeth Springs of Chicago; three goddaughters, Terilyn Murphy of Norfolk, Va., Jennifer Young of Silver Spring, Md., Tiffany Woods of Chicago; two special friends, Joyce Wade and Charlotte Wade of Cape Girardeau; and a host of cousins.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home, with family and friends officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.